- Do not touch your tattoo or let other people touch your tattoo unless their hands are washed thoroughly.
- Keep your tattoo clean and free from any chemicals, tanning products and other creams that have not been recommended by your artist.
- If you have a question about your tattoo refer to your artist and the care instructions provided on tattoo day.
- Leave your tattoo covered for 1 hour with the glad wrap your artist has applied.
- Wash your new tattoo thoroughly with soap and water – removing all grease and residue.
- Blot your new tattoo dry – do not scrub it with a towel, ensure your tattoo is dry before covering with clothing.
- With clean hands apply the cream your artist recommends twice daily, rub cream throroughly, do not leave a coating or residue. Greasy lotions will cause you to loose colour and prolong healing time…
- Do not swim or bathe for at least two weeks.
- Do not expose your tattoo to the sun for at least two weeks.
- Do not pick or scratch at your new tattoo.
- Your tattoo will heal within about two to three weeks – so long as you follow care instructions provided.
Once your tattoo is fully healed, touch ups are available. Please contact your artist.
Where is the MOST and LEAST painful spot?
Different people have different pain thresholds so it is very hard to say which body part is more painful. All tattoos hurt and are quite uncomfortable to get, but if you are in the right frame of mind prior to your appointment – you will get through it.
If you have never had a tattoo before you will not know the difference and most importantly it is about where you would like to have your piece of tattoo art placed.
That depends on the size of the piece and the detail involved. Some pieces cannot be completed in one sitting. You will be given a quote once you meet with the artist and go over the details of what you want. Remember though, if another studio is willing do your tattoo super cheap BEWARE! Sometimes you get what you pay for and this is going to be on you forever. If you do go for the super cheap shop see question on fixing a bad tattoo!
Crown Ink charge based on an hourly rate.
Hourly rates start at: $170 per hour
Minimum hourly charge: $100 per hour
Deposit rate: $50 when making a booking
Yes, you can bring drawings, inspiration or anything you like. The team at Crown Ink will then convert your design into a tattoo design. This design will be shown to you prior to commencement of the artwork. The more references you have – the better!
It is our policy to collect a deposit when booking an appointment. We accept deposits via cash or card and the amount is $50. The deposit you leave will come off the final price of your tattoo. Artists carefully schedule and book their appointments based on blocks of time. If you do not show for your appointment, they often do not have adequate time to fill your vacancy and it hurts them. Deposits serve as a good faith gesture to hold your appointment. Deposits are NEVER refundable. If less than 24 notice is given for a cancellation, you lose your deposit and must leave another deposit if you wish to reschedule. If you cancel your appointment with more than 24 hours notice, you may apply your deposit towards your reschedule appointment. We NEVER under any circumstances will refund a deposit. We are sorry if this policy causes any inconvenience but is necessary to protect the interests of our artists.
Crown Ink Wollongong practice only safe tattoo practises. We use an autoclave (the same instrumentation that is used in hospitals) to steralise all of our equipment as well as disposable equipment which are single use only.
All of our tattooists are certified and our studio and artists are all licensed.
Health Department Accredited
Our artists can usually cover up or fix most tattoos-even really bad ones so you would never even know they were there. We are always honest though. Contact us to talk about your next cover up!